I have amassed a collection of my favourite beverages to take for my three-day Sunnybrook stay. They will provide iodine-free hospital-food meals of course, but the instructions say I need to bring plenty of my own beverages with me.
The more I drink the faster the radioactive bad stuff will be flushed from my system, so after I take the iodine capsule and whatever waiting period it is, I have to just relax and drink. What a coincidence - that's one of my favourite things to do!
Think I have enough?
- Bottled water (nurse at Toronto East General already confessed to me that the hospitals just use their Toronto tap water *gasp*) (LOL Toronto friends - sorry!) ;-)
- No-added-sugar green smoothies, containing spirulina and chlorophyll to help absorb toxins (I just have to watch that Bolthouse one has Nova Scotia dulse in it and that is a "sea food," but I will be able to have it on the Wednesday)
- Meredith's ginger syrup mmmmmmm! I can have a straight shot or mix it in my water or tea - if you are not familiar with Meredith's beautiful product, made in Meaford, please check it out
- Pellegrino, my favourite (Italian) sparkling water
- Kombucha tea, detoxifying and energizing, cancer-fighting
- ginger-lemongrass sparkling water, yes I'm taking my big suitcase with an ice pack!
and last but certainly not least...
- a couple minis of cinnamon tequila :-)
- and Prosecco, my favourite (Italian) bubbly!! What would three days in a peaceful silence retreat be without a wee cocktail? I even found a baby Prosecco - I imagine they wouldn't be too impressed if I brought a magnum LOL