Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Prednisone done!

Yahoo, I survived.  WE survived!  

The side effects of prednisone were for me pretty bang on what I was told to expect.  Mood swings, hot flashes (like ALL afternoon and evening), weird anxious fast-paced energy (yep, my baseboards are clean), insomnia, extreme thirst, and an increase in appetite (that felt like death by starvation was imminent).  But, I gained only a couple of pounds and I do think it's fluid retention.  Otherwise, the good news is, it worked.  It did what it was supposed to do, so hopefully things stay that way! 

Timing is perfect too, the girls and I are off to Queen's Park tomorrow to meet the folks from Save Your Skin Foundation and talk melanoma.  Getting a bit nervous, but looking forward to it.  Stay tuned!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment