Monday, May 9, 2016

Melanoma Awareness on Vancouver Radio

Subsequent to our trip to Toronto for Melanoma Monday last week, Save Your Skin Foundation was invited for an interview on their local radio station to kick-off Melanoma Awareness Month, May.  I am pleased to say they asked me to do the interview!  

So last Tuesday morning, 9:30a.m. EST (6:30a.m. Pacific), via Skype, I had the honour of discussing my experience with melanoma with local Dermatologist Dr. Jason Rivers, and Mr. Kirk LaPointe on Roundhouse Radio 98.3 Vancouver.  We spoke for about 20 minutes, minus a small commercial break, with Dr. Rivers and I alternating perspectives on the topic of melanoma skin cancer and sun safety.  

If you wish to listen to the interview, please feel free to click HERE and check it out:
http://cirh.streamon.fm/listen-pl-2685


Thank you Roundhouse Radio for having us!  And thank you Save Your Skin Foundation for trusting me to represent you.  

While I have you both here.... allow me to put a plug in for a joint program I see you are working on...  

For the month of May 2016, Roundhouse Radio is donating $1 to SYSF for every person who signs up for their email newsletter.  If you sign up for a full membership they will give a dollar to Save Your Skin!  

My lovely family and friends.... could you please sign up for the newsletter of this generous Vancouver radio station?  I haven't been able to give very much back to SYSF for all they do for me, perhaps you could please help?  It's FREE.  And the e-form is easy...  See HERE   Thank you xo

http://www.roundhouseradio.com/Join.aspx


For every new Full Membership registration, Roundhouse Radio will donate $1 to a local community group, with a new one featured every month.  Make a difference in the community while staying connected!

May is Melanoma Awareness Month and the Save Your Skin Foundation, a Canadian based not-for-profit, dedicates this month to increasing public awareness of skin cancer and highlighting the importance of prevention and early detection.

The Save Your Skin Foundation is a national not-for profit organization dedicated to the areas of skin cancer and skin disease with a focus on education and awareness, supporting research and ensuring equal and timely access to treatment for all Canadians. Please visit www.saveyourskin.ca for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment